Friday, November 12, 2010

thankful month: days 10-12

November 10: I am grateful for the many opportunities to serve people. I stayed with our kids while my husband helped our friends' dad, a widower, clean his house.




November 11: This day is always Veterans Day. I'm thankful for my babe and other people who are willing to give everything for their country. Do you have veterans in your family or neighborhood? The word "veteran" can be hard to define, but an unknown author said:

A veteran is someone who, at one point in his/her life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America," for an amount of "up to and including my life." 

Please read What is a Veteran? (It's long enough that I'm just linking to it, but it's really good.)

  

November 12: I'm thankful for my mom and I'm glad I live pretty close to her. She is so smart, compassionate, and easy for people to talk to. I know that I can call her any time, and I appreciate the compliments she gives me about my own mothering and other things that I do. I love her!

1 comment:

  1. That link to the list of what defines a veteran is great. I especially liked the quote at the end. I've thought that a lot, that soldiers are the ones that allowed people to protest the wars. Now I have a great quote that states what I think. Thanks for linking to that.

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love!