Tuesday, November 2, 2010

thankful month: days 1 and 2

As I was reading a blog a few minutes ago, I decided to do this. The blogger wrote about how much she loves Thanksgiving. I love it, too. Each day of this beautiful month of November, I'm going to think of something I am grateful for. I know that coming back to read these posts is one way I can be filled with gratitude.

{1} Breaks from my kids. My husband left with them around 5 p.m. today and went to his dad's to watch the election coverage on TV. I had a Relief Society dinner and meeting that I enjoyed from 6:30 to 8:00. Before and after that, I used the computer and cut out coupons while listening to Father of the Bride, one of my favorite movies. I was able to take a quick (since I was without children) trip to a grocery store, and returned to quiet, since they were still not back.

{2} People who have thanked me for writing them a thank you card. While living in our condo, I got a thank you card from the woman I had written a thank you card to. She lived in the condos too, but I think she mailed it to me. Earlier this year I dropped off a thank you card at a neighbor's house and she called me to thank me for it. She said it had made her day, which of course made me even happier!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some love!