Tuesday, August 4, 2009

taking things for granted

It's been a while since I blogged, but I am alive and well. Life (gatherings with family and friends, a laptop that won't be fixed until several days from now, and a sick Shboogoo) has kept me from spending much time online.


During the weeks since sweet L was born, I have thought about things that I had taken for granted -- things that I was appreciating being able to do now that I wasn't able to do them. If you can do these, be grateful.

  • driving
  • lifting things heavier than a newborn, like an older child who wants you
  • getting up easily from a lying-down position
  • vacuuming
  • sneezing without pain in your abdomen
  • running
  • living with your spouse
  • talking to your spouse whenever you want to

Now I can do all of those (except the last two), because it's been six weeks since my c-section. I actually only took the percocet for a few days, because I wanted to be able to drive. (My recovery was good, but I think any woman who wants an elective cesarean is crazy. It's faster than a vaginal birth, but that doesn't mean it's easier or better. . .) Well, besides feeling good myself, I'm thankful that the baby is so good and already sleeps seven to eight hours each night! And now it's time for me to get some sleep, too.

1 comment:

Leave some love!