Thursday, January 15, 2009

Something to post about (a little book review)

One of my resolutions for 2009 is to read 30 books. (There are some I began last year but didn't complete yet. I think I completed 13, not counting children's books, which is still probably more than in any year before.) There are many books on my want-to-read list.

If you haven't read Markus Zusak's The Book Thief, it should be on your to-read list. I loved it. If you have read it, what did you think?

Tonight I finished reading it at 7:00, came out of my room still crying, and held up the book to explain the tears to my concerned husband. Then I headed out to my book club that discussed it a little. I really like the author's unique style and the characters. I should probably learn more, as sad as it is, about the time period and The FΓΌhrer. But it's hard to know what else to say about a book this good.


Seriously, read it.

3 comments:

  1. My book club is reading it later this year. We'll have to chat about it after I finish it. I've heard that it really makes you think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm right in the middle of reading it! I hope to have it finished this weekend. Then we can talk about it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This book is AMAZING!!! I actually posted about it a little while ago, too. I thought it was really interesting that he could create such sympathy for ALL the characters, even through all their complexities. I can't wait to read some of the other books he's written.

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love!