Saturday, August 9, 2008

Things I Never Imagined Myself Saying

I actually started this post Thursday; we've been busy. We got to babysit my 5-year-old sister-in-law for three days. Then yesterday we went to the wedding ceremony, luncheon, and reception for Drew's good friend Bryan. It was a happy day for him and Becky. We are thrilled, too! Bryan's mom passed away two years ago, he was baptized a member of the LDS Church last summer, and now he is sealed for time and all eternity to his wife.

Anyway, I was thinking about how life often isn't what you think it will be. As John Lennon wrote in Beautiful Boy, "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." Sometimes life is definitely "stranger than fiction." For example, I didn't know that my husband would have to live far away from me for over a year soon after we got married, but it happened. (A lot of blessings came from that experience.) So below is the original, not quite as deep, purpose of this post. I remembered some of the things I have said that I never had imagined I would say. They are not stranger than fiction, but they are kind of funny.

Those of you who are parents may relate to these sentences. We didn't say them until we had a kid.

"Computers are not for babies."
"Food is for eating, not for dropping."
"We don't stand on puzzles."
"It's a blanket. It's not a baby, it's a blanket."
"Don't put your feet on the toilet."
"Fingers are not for noses."
"Batteries do not go in your mouth."


I don't think anybody ever thought they would say this one. I said it just a few days ago:

"I only paid $3.99 a gallon for gas today!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some love!