Wednesday, April 20, 2011

our 7th anniversary

Earlier this month we celebrated seven years of being happily married. This is a milestone, because I know from studying Human Development and Family Studies in college that "half of all first marriages that end in divorce . . . end within the first seven years" (quoted HERE, in the address "Marriage Crossroads: Why Divorce Is Often Not the Best Option" by Brent A. Barlow, PhD).

It was beyond nice that D was able to be here with me on our anniversary (but it was still a special day the years that he was deployed on that date: {'05, '06, '09, '10}). 

We dropped the girls off at his mom's at 5 p.m. When D went to bed at 11:00, I drove back to get the girls since Grandma had to teach a class in the morning. Meanwhile, we had a wonderful date at home. He asked me to go get our take out while he set up the table (his desk with a fancy new tablecloth over it) downstairs, to be ready for our candle-lit dinner. As we ate the delicious food we enjoyed talking about our wedding day and our other wedding anniversaries. We didn't really plan to do that, but he asked what I remember. We watched a movie that he had bought as a surprise, promising that I would like it. It was The Blind Side -- I had told him many times that it's really good and I wanted him to see it, so I was happy with his choice. He wrote on Facebook, "Best. Anniversary. Yet."


Chinese and Thai



2 comments:

  1. So glad it was such a wonderful night

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats you guys!!! The best anniversaries are spent at home...at least I think so! :) (takes a little more thought and you get to just hang out!)

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love!