Tuesday, February 15, 2011

I was outside today, running


 

1 bright sun
50-something degrees Fahrenheit
1 husband taking care of our kids
4 hours' worth of music in a playlist he created for me ("the world was mine today")
1 bottle of electrolyte water
countless trees
1 neighbor I know and adore running past me in the opposite direction
other people walking or running -- some with a friend or a stroller or a dog
4 soda cans left on the ground
1 faded "I VOTED" sticker among some leaves
1 church sign saying "some have to do lists, others have to be lists"
1 camera in my small purse
over 12 miles traveled
1 body to challenge and appreciate
2 nourishing hours alone to think and feel and love life

5 comments:

  1. My own comments:

    1. Ahhh, I finally wrote a poem again. (I consider the post a poem; it's not the rhyming kind, but I never did much of that in high school, either).

    2. The lyric "the world was mine today" is from a song by Enter The Haggis. See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enter_the_haggis

    3. That is my own shot of myself with no makeup (which, honestly, I don't put on very often anyway), and with acne, and with greasy hair that didn't get washed until after the run.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you look beautiful in the picture! A 2 hour run doesn't sound fun to me, but I love that the sun is out, and that we can all enjoy some time outside in the fresh air.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I consider that a poem, too. Good job!! And you look so cute in that pic of you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so amazing Manda. I wish I was a runner like you...maybe someday. The weather has been great though huh? Glad you had a nice few hours to do what you enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the comments!

    Chelle: It was a warmer day. I wasn't cold even when I first got out there. :) I don't know how people run outside in the winter before 9 a.m. And, I've slacked off since that day. I went almost a week without really exercising, and the longest I've run was 5.75 miles. I'll call you.

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love!