Thursday, December 18, 2008

My Favorite Things about Christmas, part 4

I love this album by The Carpenters. It had been released as two separate albums but is now on 2 discs. My roommate Laura H. (now M.) introduced it to me in 2001. Some time after that I gave a copy to my mom. I believe it was on this Christmas Collection that I first heard The Christmas Waltz. I found out that Sammy Cahn and Jule Styne wrote it. Apparently Frank Sinatra, Doris Day, Barry Manilow, Johnny Mathis, Clay Aiken, Harry Connick, Jr. and others have also sung it. These are the lyrics; the tune is really fun, too.

Frosted windowpanes, candles gleaming inside,
painted candy canes on the tree.
Santa's on his way, he's filled his sleigh with things,
things for you and for me.

It's that time of year when the world falls in love.
Every song you hear seems to say, "Merry Christmas!
May your New Year dreams come true."
And this song of mine in three quarter time
wishes you and yours the same thing, too.

(Then it repeats all of that)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some love!