Wednesday, December 8, 2010

the second race I ran

Below are photos from my 6-kilometer race back in October; I wrote a little about it here. I felt great running and listening to music, the landscaping was pretty, the weather wasn't too warm, we got free food and other things afterward . . . it was such a fun experience. My friends Katie and Anne (and others from their book club) participated, too. Among the large crowd, my sweet husband and kids didn't see me cross the finish line, but I loved that they were there to support me. It was nice to not have to push a stroller, which I did during my 10k (just before conceiving L) and my 5k (I walked; I was 7.5 months pregnant with L). 

For the 6k, my time put me in the top 10% for my age group and in the top 7% overall. I averaged a bit under 9:45 per mile. (Katie hadn't done much running before but was only about 3 minutes behind me -- good job! And you too, Anne!) I'm ready for another race . . . as soon as I choose one and register.


Me with Katie -- taken by my husband. I didn't get any of him or our older daughter (or any of Anne or her family).

My baby and Katie's, born 8 days apart. They had both starting walking a few weeks earlier.

1 comment:

  1. You did awesome!! Let's find another race we can do together.

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love!