Well, last weekend I was feeling like I didn't have any really close friends. But as I listened to the old messages I cried happy tears because of all the people who, after L was born, wanted to let me know they cared about me:
- Hi, it's me [my mom]. Just wonderin' how things are goin'. I'm in church but I'm gonna leave at 12. I was gonna come over there if that's okay. But I wanted [D] to know he can eat with us today. I don't know what you guys have got planned. I hope you're feelin' okay and had a good rest. I love you sooo much and I'll see you in a little while. Okay, bye.
- Hi, Amanda. This is Dad ****. How are ya? We're just getting home from church. Just want to know how you're feeling and how your day's gone. Several members of the ward were just curious about ya and asked about ya. Anyways, give us a call when you get a chance. Just wanna know how you kids are doin'. Love you guys. Buh-bye.
- Hi, Amanda, it's Sarah [my doula]. Just calling to see how you're doing and how your night went. I hope you've been able to, you know, be up and walking around and feelin' a little more like yourself. I got a chance to visit with your mom just briefly after sacrament meeting today, and she was real happy for ya. And, yeah, I look forward to talking to ya. Once again, I think you did an amazing job yesterday [L's birth day] and I'm excited for ya. I love the name [L], and she couldn't be more cute. I'll talk to you later. Okay, buh-bye.
- Hi, it's me, Ursula, giving you a call. . . . I didn't hear that phone number I could call you at . . . but call me back. I'm excited to hear from you and everything that's going on. I hope all is going well!
- Hey, Amanda, it's Michelle ****. I'm calling to check in on you and see how things are going. I don't even know if you've had your baby yet! I'm assuming you have, but I don't know. But I was wondering if you wanted me to take [S], uh, so that you could get some rest. Or, even if you haven't had the baby, maybe you want some rest! So, anyway, I'd love to come take her some time and have her come play with Siena. . . . Hope you're doing well! Talk to you later.
- Hey, Amanda, it's Katie. I am returning your call. . . . We should have talked before now; it's been a while since we've talked to each other. . . . We're looking forward to seeing [L] and seeing how big she's getting, and Robbie wants to play with [S] and stuff . . . and I hope you're feeling good. You should be getting up and about post-surgery . . .
I realize I have "collected" tons of cool individuals (if you actually know me, this means you!) throughout my life. I have learned from them. Being with them makes me happy. Also, just this morning, the best husband in the world left me a message:
Hey, Manda, it's your husband. Hey, uh, it's 9:30 at night and I'm getting up in like 7 hours. I'm conducting our company PT. But, uh, so I gotta go to sleep. But I wanted to call you and tell you I love you and tell you what's going on. Sorry I haven't called sooner; I didn't know where my phone was. But I promise you I will call you in the morning -- which will be later tonight for you -- and, uh, we'll talk then. I love you, sweetheart. I miss you. And talk to you soon. Bye.