Sunday, January 3, 2010

the end of november {2009}

My husband and I have parents living in four different homes, all within about 50 miles of each other. That can make it hard for us to remember where we spent certain holidays the previous year. Well, this year the girls and I ate Thanksgiving dinner at my sister's. I'm posting these pictures mostly for her. Our brother and our mom were there, plus all of her husband's immediate family. I brought a sweet potato casserole that had taken me two hours to make and was yummy, as was all of the food. We hung out and watched Up and ate some pie. Before going home I took the girls to Grandma Nene's so she could trim the 3-year-old's hair (Grandma let the 3-year-old spray her with the water bottle).

Shboogoo tried to cut her pickle with the wrong side of the knife.

L played with a boot.

Shboogoo had received Candy Land for her birthday and wanted to play it. It's not made by SimplyFun, but it's a classic!

My sister's sister-in-law had her baby girl on Veteran's Day. Their son shares L's birthday; he is four years old.

This is Mark, one of my three brothers. He loves L.

The morning of Black Friday I left my in-laws' while the kids were still sleeping. I shopped at Old Navy and was so happy to find, among other things, short pants! I definitely bought them.

It was not only Black Friday, it was also our eleven-year anniversary; we got family photos taken (which was why I wanted to buy myself new clothes); and that night we, along with D's dad and some other men from the neighborhood, moved almost all of our possessions that were at my in-laws' into our house. Yes, it was a very tiring day. Very very tiring. Probably should have scheduled the family photos for a different day . . .

Saturday morning Nene and I got the moving truck (while her roommate took care of the girls once they woke up). Some friends and family helped to load the truck at our storage unit and my mom's house and then unload everything. It was really pretty quick. L stayed asleep in the car and I kept checking on her.

Alone in the house before going back to get Shboogoo from Nene's, the only thing I could find to drink from was her snowman cup. It was so exciting to be in our first house, though, two and a half months after making the offer. I used the timer to document the moment. (It reminded me of the month that D lived in our apartment before we were married, when we shared just one plate and one fork that we had borrowed.)

In the evening we had an after-Thanksgiving dinner at my dad's; that's when all of us were available. Too bad we didn't get a picture of the whole group. After leaving, I had my dad meet me at a grocery store so he could sit in my car with the girls (one was asleep) while I bought some food.

Sunday we went to our new ward for the first time. J and K, our friends who sold us the house, attended the ward for the last time and he spoke in sacrament meeting. After church, little L played in the exersaucer, which had been in our storage unit. She liked it!

On November 30th she fell asleep like this:

1 comment:

  1. how funny! We have the same little toy L was holding while asleep and the exact same exersaucer! Love your posts. What a cool dad you have to help you do some quick shopping!


Leave some love!