- When she was six weeks old I noticed she had some baby acne.
- During her second month of life she started to sleep longer at night -- up to 8 hours between feedings -- and spend more time awake during the day. Actually, there were several nights when she was wide awake for about 2 hours, starting after 9 p.m. Sometimes I would just lay her down awake so my husband and I could go to sleep, and that worked. We try to play with her more when it is day so she'll be tired at a "better" time and I can even pick her up asleep to feed her close to the time when I go to bed.
- She smiled more and laughed occasionally! Her biggest sister got the very first laugh out of her by making a silly noise; this was at least a few days before she turned two months. I was a bit sad that I wasn't the one this time. With our other babies, I did it my tickling her neck with kisses.
- She didn't cry as much when having a bath.
- She got better at holding her head up and started to use her fingers.
- At two months she was in the 30+ percentile for her weight.
7 weeks (hmmm, pale clothing again on the pale bedding . . . and we didn't get a photo next to the teddy bear -- ended up going to the hospital that night)
Other favorites from her second month:
|the first big smile that we caught on camera!|
Here's what we girls looked like at 2 months old.
Left to right: top row is me, First Girl
bottom row is Second Girl, Third Girl