Friday, April 25, 2008

Earth Day

(This may seem like random things put in one post, but to me it's all related to Tuesday being Earth Day.)

Have you seen what people have made with their plastic bags? I thought it was so cool when I saw it a few weeks ago.

I remembered with gratitude this Earth Day that the Creator of this world is literally the source of its light and life. As beautiful as our world is now, I am happy to know that I can hope for an even better world.

Our Stake mutual activity (which was on Earth Day) did not have an Earth Day theme, but was very uplifting. It was Standards Night so our speaker spoke about living the standards in the For the Strength of Youth pamphlet. You know the Questar energy-saving guy in the commercials? He's the one who spoke to us, and his name is Daryn Tufts. He was born and raised in the LDS church. He has acted in church comedies including the Singles Ward, and also was a writer, producer and actor for Stalking Santa. I was really happy that we had 5 young women from our ward there instead of the usual 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some love!