Monday, October 15, 2007

Funerals, Meth, and more

Not a very fun title, is it? I was thinking about the events of the last few days. I wore church clothes part of the day on Friday (funeral), Saturday (9-year-old's baptism), Sunday (church meetings), and today (funeral). They were all good opportunities to feel the Spirit.

The funeral on Friday was for the husband of my middle-aged friend. She and I have known each other since we were in The Sound of Music together when I was 8. His short life was an amazing Alma the Younger type of story. It was cool to learn more about him, although I already knew he was a great example to me of sharing his incredible singing talent and testifying of everyone's need for Christ's Atonement. Most people don't leave the straight and narrow quite as far or as long as he did (and then came back), but we all sin and therefore all need the Savior. Scott touched so many people.

While I fed Shboogoo tonight there was an interesting show on TV about meth. I think it was called The Aftermath of Meth. This is a real epidemic. Drugs are bad! I have a family member who used the drug in the past. Anyway, I hope people saw it and will benefit from it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some love!